Sometimes, I don't understand schools. I don't get why they all the teachers assign projects and give tests at the same time.
For instance, yesterday, I had a quiz in Science on physics and a quiz in Social Studies on World War II (1939-1941)(those were the years it was on). I did pretty well on both those tests.
Today, I had a math test on solving systems of equations. Well, I didn't finish in the class period, so I went back for lunch. She didn't put my test in the non-finished pile even though I gave it to her. I mean, she told us to give it to her if we WEREN'T DONE. She can't teach and she can't speak English. Can't she do anything right!
And tomorrow, I have a test in English on the Holocaust on stories we didn't even read. She just expects us to know about that when other kids teach. I mean, she's a teacher for a reason!
I'm really looking forward to that.
Oh Savannah. You don't even know yet. In high school it gets 10 times worse because all the teachers think THEIR class is the most important and only care about their testing schedule. I know what your going through. Today I had a science test and a math test(which I totally bombed btw) AND tomorrow I'm going to a private study session with my math teacher to catch up. Can you believe I have to go to schoo on Saturday?
ReplyDeleteBOTH of you have NO idea...wait until college!! OMG it's AWFUL!! Be smarter than your favorite Aunt~ finish school BEFORE you have a career/family and other crappy adult responsibilities...trust me on this one!!
ReplyDeleteYou're probably both right about me not knowing. However, I think it is really stupid when they are given(by the district and for just THOSE FOUR TEACHERS)a whole hour, which is not lunch, to tell each other their plans and talk about what they are going to do. I think that they DILBERATLY assign stuff at the same time. Sydney, I'm sorry that you have to go to school on the weekend but at least your teacher is willing to teach you and probably will teach the lesson CORRECTLY! And Randi, I will try to follow your advice, but you might need to remind me in the future.
ReplyDelete