Well, its official. At noon today, even before he had taken his oath, Barack Obama became the next president of the United States. I can't say I'm happy, but it is a historical day nonetheless. He is our first African American president. It is impressive to think that not that long ago, slavery still existed.
While that is quite the feat, it doesn't make him a great President. Being a good President is determined on how he acts while in office and he has got a lot of decisions to make. He was left with the war in Iraq and our current economic situation.
I don't know how he will fix the economy. He probably should have used all the money spent on his inauguration to fix the problem. But his plan for taking the troops out of Iraq could be disaterous. I mean, I want to keep people safe as much as the next person, but it may not turn out how he plans. If the Iraqi people want to avenge themselves because we got involved, it could bring them here. That would kill so many more American people. I think the better choice would probably be to keep the troops in Iraq.
Let me tell you, if Barack Obama starts World War III I will be mad. And to tell you the truth, with all the controversey against him, I'm surprised that he hasn't been assasinated.
I've always adored you, but now...oh man...so much more!! It's fun to watch you grow, learn and develop your own sense of right and wrong...it's fun watching you become Savannah. You are so amazing.
ReplyDeleteXoxo,
Aunt Randi
I'm glad we're on the same side. And, I don't need a BLOG since everyone else has one. Love, Nana
ReplyDelete