Back to the place that I enjoyed least and did the most second-hand smoking I will ever do...lovely, lovely, Prague...
However this cathedral, St. Vitus's Cathedral, was pretty amazing...
The gargoyles had water spouts out of their mouths...
If I remember correctly, this is the largest stain-glassed window in all of Europe.
This man, who I believe is St. John?...oh dear, was killed by the King because the Queen went to him and told him that she wanted a divorce. He wouldn't tell the King what was going on so he threw him in the river...so anytime you see a statue with five stars above his head, this is who it is.
Here's where all of the jewels are. Supposedly, its cursed to those who try to steal the jewels. It takes 7 keys to open the doors and the jewels go on display every 5 years.
This is part of the actual palace....
And here's another one of their guards...our tour guide said they were supposed to be handsome...if being handsome makes you a guard...I wonder what makes you King...
Of course...another McDonalds...those Europeans sure love their American food...
This was a really cool astronomical clock...it measured six or seven different things including: time, position of the stars, seasons, and when to harvest their crops...
This is obviously on a different day but it was still at the same hotel....This is our elevator...the first of many two person elevators....
No comments:
Post a Comment