Tuesday, 10 February 2009

birthdays, lock downs, and tests. oh my!

Yes. You heard me right. I said lock down. We had one today. Well it was a mock one so Randi its okay. You don't have to freak out on me.

So in social studies we had our lock down today. This is where the test comes in. All of us were in a corner basically sitting on each other. Some of us were taking our test while others of us were doing our homework. So here we all are with our knees to our chins trying to read books and write with our arms in position similar to that of a T-Rex. You know they have really short arms that don't bend very well. Yeah, try writing like that but then add the knees to the chin part. Pretty much impossible isn't it? That was awkward (considering we were, like I mentioned before, sitting on each other).

Despite all that I just want to say happy birthday to my awesome skateboarding/artist cousin. D is 9 today! I think it is so cool that you did all those cool skateboarding tricks. But please refrain from killing yourself. Don't die because you're trying to be even more awesome than you already are. And to your drawing skills...Dude! I am so jealous! The funny thing is I had to draw a poster of the "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima" picture around the same time. I wanted to call you and ask you to do it for me because mine was horrifically terribble! You are AWESOME!!! And I love you Derek! Hope you have/had a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Trust me...a lock down in Gilbert isn't something I would freak out about...you'll KNOW when someone has done something to you that would make me FREAK out. :)

    Why did you guys have to do school work during the lock down?? That's dumb...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there's not much to freak out about in Gilbert. But there was that one time in 5th grade that someone tried to kidnap a girl and we had a lock down for like five hours...We had to work because we were just sitting there and we needed to finish our tests and none of us really wanted to do homework at home...I don't know why our teacher told us to do work, probably to keep us occupied, but it wasn't a modified lock down so she should have told us NOT to do work.\

    At least it didn't last the two hours like it was supposed to. They were planning on us having a lock down, then a modified lock down, and then evacuate to the courtyard. To me that doesn't really make any sense though because wouldn't INSIDE the building be safer than OUTSIDE? Even if, say a gunman, was INSIDE the building, it would be easier to find us all if we evacuated into the courtyard, which is still inside the school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, sorry. For some reason it said Brooklyn typed that. That was me.

    ReplyDelete